Membership in AASP
Thank you for your interest in the American Association for Social Psychiatry. As a member you belong to a global community of professionals who share your passion for social psychiatry.
Membership in the AASP is available to all individuals who are board-certified or board-eligible in psychiatry or are currently in an accredited psychiatric residency training program, and licensed to practice medicine within the United States or by an official licensing system in another country. Psychiatrists who give up their license in good standing with their licensing board as they retire will be eligible to remain members. Medical students actively enrolled in a recognized medical school may apply for AASP medical student membership. Physicians in other specialties and allied mental health professionals, who have demonstrated a significant contribution in promoting social factors in the field of mental health, may be proposed for Associate Membership.
If you have any questions about eligibility before joining, please contact us.
Benefits of Membership
- Professional growth. Enrich your clinical perspective and awareness of social psychiatry issues by attending and participating in AASP-sponsored presentations at the APA Annual Meetings and IPS. We are developing a specialized reference section of multimedia resources on topics in social psychiatry.
- Collegiality and support. Network with like-minded socially conscious psychiatrists.
- Share your expertise with your AASP colleagues and others. All national presentations and posters by AASP members are listed on our website and at the APA Annual Meeting.
- APA Representation. The American Association for Social Psychiatry is an Affiliate Organization of the American Psychiatric Association, with representation in the APA Assembly, where our representative members advocate for social issues and awareness in the APA's educational, advocacy, and legislative efforts.
- Membership in the World Association of Social Psychiatry is included automatically with payment of AASP membership dues. Be a presenter and part of the AASP delegation to the next WASP World Congress in Paris in November 2019.
- RFM Programs. New initiatives and events, including regional RFM groups and mentoring, and competitive AASP fellowships.
- General Membership: $75 annually (or $200 when paying every 3 years).
- Resident or Fellow Membership: $25 annually for psychiatric residents and fellows. At the end of RFM status, renewals will automatically upgrade to the General Member level.
- Medical Student Membership: Free membership for students who are actively enrolled in their programs.
- Dues are paid in full online and renew automatically based on the date of your first online payment. You will receive an email notification 5 days prior to your annual renewal date.
Become an AASP Member Today
General member dues are renewed annually. If you prefer to pay dues every 3 years, please click here.
Resident or Fellow Membership:
Based on the number of years you will hold RFM status, use one of the following coupon codes when completing your membership transaction — 1YR | 2YRS | 3YRS | 4YRS — your annual dues will remain at RFM status for the stated number of years.
Medical Student Membership:
Use the coupon code STUDENT when completing your membership transaction.
Already a member?
You can update your membership dues account here.